- Summary of investigations accomplished in the first half of 2017 published
28. 7. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection has published online a summary of investigations that were closed in the first semester of 2017.
- GPDR Academy sets off under the auspices of the Office
16. 6. 2017 - On 16 June 2017, the first block of lectures concerning preparation for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) marked the start of the GDPR Academy which is organized by the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic under professional guarantee by the Office for Personal Data Protection and other experts.
- GDPR Misinterpretations Rectified
25. 5. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection (hereinafter “Czech DPA”) has elaborated “ten commandments” to straighten out the most frequent misinterpretations or misleading statements concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Mobile version of the Office´s web started
11. 4. 2017 - Since April, you may also visit a mobile website of the Office for Personal Data Protection fully optimized for smart phones.
- President of the Office opened GDPR conference
9. 3. 2017 - The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enhances the principles of personal data processing. Be it lawfulness, correctness, transparency, or for example data minimization, limitation of storage period, accountability. Such were the words, by which Ms Ivana Janů, the Office´s president, opened the conference called GDPR 360˚ which was held on 9 March 2017 in Prague.
- 7. 2. 2017
Safer Internet Day
- 7. 2. 2017
President of the Office hosted a roundtable on GDPR
- 27. 1. 2017
Data Protection Day
- 27. 1. 2017
The Office launches the 11th edition of the “My Privacy! Don´t Look, Don´t Poke About!” competition for children and youth.
- 18. 5. 2016
Annual Report Summary 2015
- 4. 5. 2016
Seminar on security cameras
- 28. 1. 2016
The Office launches the 10th edition of the “My Privacy! Don´t Look, Don´t Poke About!” competition for children and youth.
- 10. 9. 2015
Ms Ivana Janů has been appointed as the new President of the Office for a period of five years starting on 1 September 2015.
- 26. 5. 2015
English summary of the Office´s Annual Report 2014 is accessible in electronic version.
- 28. 1. 2015
The Office launches the 9th edition of the “My Privacy! Don´t Look, Don´t Poke About!” competition for children and youth.
- 21. 11. 2014
On 7 November 2014 the Czech Data Protection Authority hosted international workshop on processing of personal data in relation to detection and investigation of corporate fraud. The workshop partner was the bnt attorneys-at-law s.r.o. company.
- 22. 9. 2014
On 18 September 2014, the Office presented officially the recently published handbook “Privacy protection in the workplace. Guide for employees”. The publication was drafted jointly by the Czech, Polish, Bulgarian, and Croatian data protection agencies. All works were financed by the European Commission from the 2012 Leonardo da Vinci Partnership program.
- 5. 8. 2014
On Monday, 4 August 2014, a group of students from the DePaul University of Chicago visited our Office. They learned about the principles of data protection in the EU and took insight into the activities of the Czech data protection authority. Participants also discussed current issues like on-line privacy and use of personal data for commercial purposes.
- 7. 7. 2014
The Office published a guide on data protection for employees prepared jointly by the data protection offices of Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Croatia. This brochure "Privacy protection in the workplace" is a comprehensive handbook applicable for real-life situations demonstrating how employees can take care about their personal information as well as their privacy rights in the employment area.
- 16. 6. 2014
Recent trends in electronic identification and authentication. On 11 June 2014 the Office for Personal Data Protection hosted a roundtable at which the office´s experts together with representatives from banking industry, solicitor´s offices, IT sector, and other stakeholders discussed the latest developments of biometric identification technology. Two issues were of utmost interest: the processing of biometric data in the light of the data protection law and the deployment and security of biometric identification tools. Detail information will be published afterwards.
- 7. 5. 2014
English summary of the Office´s Annual Report 2013 is accessible in electronic version.
- 31. 10. 2013 [PDF, 499 kB]
The Office for Personal Data Protection has published the English version of its Information Bulletin. This issue deals with social networks from the data and privacy protection perspective.
- 8. 10. 2013
The EU-funded project “Strenthening of the Albanian Data Protection Commissioner in alignment with EU standards“ has been awarded as 2nd in the cathegory “concluded project“ of the European Award IPA 2013 Competition. Experts of our Office participated in the project implementation: Mr Jiří Maštalka as key expert and Ms Hana Štěpánková and Mr David Burian as short-term experts.
- 23. 8. 2013
The Office for Personal Data Protection has published on-line the English version of the handbook offering a methodology guidance for video surveillance systems operators to help them meet the obligations ensuing from the Personal Data Protection Act.
- 16. 5. 2013
English summary of the Office´s Annual Report 2012 is now accessible here