- Office´s Experts Trained Regional DPOs
31. 5. 2019 – DPOs of municipalities from the Carlsbad Region profited from the experience of our office´s experts during an event at the premises of the regional council.
- European Data Protection Has Global Potential
30. 5. 2019 – Ms Ivana Janů, president of the Czech supervisory authority, made a speech at the 20th edition of IS2, a prestigious international conference on information security last Wednesday.
- U.S. Students Visited the Office
21. 3. 2019 – The Office for Personal Data Protection hosted students from the Iowa State University of Science and Technology early this week. The objective was twofold, to introduce the GDPR and to compare the approach to data privacy in the EU and the USA.
- 2018 Annual Report Published
28. 2. 2019 – Annual report covering the year 2018 has been posted on the Office´s website.
- dTEST submitted a complaint against Google
17. 1. 2019 – The Office for Personal Data Protection received a complaint against Google from a data subject represented by the non-profit organization dTest, o.p.s. in mid-December 2018. It concerns namely the processing of personal data in relation to the whereabouts of its users.
- Update on the white-media.info case
14. 1. 2019 – Office´s statement on the termination of the white-media.info domain.
- Much can be rectified if the controller is honest
27. 11. 2018 – Mr Josef Prokeš, the office´s administration section director, spoke at the conference “GDPR - 180 days after” organized in Prague by the Association for personal data protection (Spolek pro ochranu osobních údajů) and the Microsoft corporation. Mr Prokeš offered first experience with the GDPR from the authority´s point of vantage. His presentation can bear the motto “Much can be rectified if the controller is honest”.
- Office´s findings about the GDPR application
12. 11. 2018 – The Office for Personal Data Protection shared publicly its findings and experience relating to the GDPR application. Mrs Miroslava Matoušová, senior counsel for government affairs, offered this information at the Czech Compliance Association conference last week in Prague.
- Human beings and their rights shall be priority also in digital era
8. 11. 2018 – The 40th edition of the International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners took place in Brussels, Belgium end of October. Digital ethics and human values were the core theme on which the participants concluded they shall be maintained even in present era distinguished by the rapidly evolving digital technologies.
- Investigation does not necessarily mean sanction
25. 9. 2018 - A series of GDPR-related seminars targeted at businesses have been prepared for the months of September and October, all of them under participation of the office´s experts. One of the events have already taken place most recently in the city of Pilsen.
- The Office hosted seminars for DPOs
30. 7. 2018 – The Office for Personal Data Protection organized two events for data protection officers offering a unique possibility to exchange first work experience.
- FRA handbook on data protection legislation in Europe
29. 5. 2018 – The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights published a new handbook offering overview of the data protection legal frameworks in Europe including important case law.
- GDPR – stronger protection of data is here
25. 5. 2018 – The General Data Protection Regulation known as the GDPR is effective as of today. The regulation has brought improved and more effective protection for personal data of citizens across the European Union. In the Czech Republic, the body overseeing compliance is the Office for Personal Data Protection that continuously extends its awareness raising activities among public.
- How to communicate your data protection officer (DPO) to us?
25. 5. 2018 - Controllers and processors who shall designate a DPO in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are obliged pursuant to Article 37(7) to publish the contact details of their DPO as well as to communicate them to the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Let people regain control over their personal data, Commissioner Jourová exhorted
10. 4. 2018 - Hotel President Prague hosted professional conference titled “Data as opportunity for economy” last Friday. The event focused on digital economy and pointed out all risks this phenomenon poses to personal data. Ms Věra Jourová, commissioner for justice, consumers and gender equality, was the keynote speaker. Mr Josef Prokeš, director of the office´s administration section was among other experts who offered their presentations.
- Office´s expert presented at lectures organized by the European Commission in Prague
16. 3. 2018 – Representation of the European Commission in the Czech Republic organized two lectures on GDPR this week. Both were focused on its implementation by businesses and organizations.
- Roundtable on data protection with U.S. students
14. 3. 2018 – The Office for Personal Data Protection hosted on Tuesday a round table discussion with students of IT and Cybersecurity program at Marymount University (Virginia) focusing on data privacy in the Czech Republic and the European Union.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
28. 2. 2018 – Annual report covering the year 2017 has been posted on the Office´s website.
- The Office Co-hosted International Conference on GDPR
2. 2. 2018 - The elegant Liechtenstein Palace on the Vltava river embankment in Prague saw a two-day international conference titled “GDPR and its implementation into the daily practice of public administration”. The event was organized by the Ministry of Interior, the Coordinator for Digital Agenda at the Government Office, and the Office for Personal Data Protection. The Office´s president, Ms Ivana Janů held one of the opening speeches and several other Office´s experts appeared later as speakers.
- Office´s expert presented at international IT conference
21. 1. 2018 – The City of Prague hosted in mid-January an international IT conference itSMF Czech Republic having information security as central topic. The office was represented by Ms Miroslava Matoušová, senior counsel for government affairs.
- Office´s experts at Salvation Army seminar
18. 12. 2017 – Last week, experts from our office lectured at a seminar on data privacy the audience of which was workers of social facilities falling under the wings of the Salvation Army.
- Participation in international conference
15. 12. 2017 – The historic Belgian town of Gent hosted a two-day conference “Freedom under pressure” last week. The event, attended by one expert from our office, focused on the latest developments in the area of privacy and personal data protection in relation to security and interconnection of vast information systems.
- GDPR Academy: Mission Accomplished
6.12.2017 - This year saw a series of lectures organized by the Confederation of Industry under the auspices of the Office for Personal Data Protection and the Ministry of Industry and Commerce. The last gathering was held on 6 December 2017.
- Complaints under EU-US Privacy Shield - forms
4. 9. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection posted online forms to be used for complaints or requests related to processing of personal data by US companies that joined the Privacy Shield.
- Summary of investigations accomplished in the first half of 2017 published
28. 7. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection has published online a summary of investigations that were closed in the first semester of 2017.