- How to communicate your data protection officer (DPO) to us?
25. 5. 2018 - Controllers and processors who shall designate a DPO in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are obliged pursuant to Article 37(7) to publish the contact details of their DPO as well as to communicate them to the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Let people regain control over their personal data, Commissioner Jourová exhorted
10. 4. 2018 - Hotel President Prague hosted professional conference titled “Data as opportunity for economy” last Friday. The event focused on digital economy and pointed out all risks this phenomenon poses to personal data. Ms Věra Jourová, commissioner for justice, consumers and gender equality, was the keynote speaker. Mr Josef Prokeš, director of the office´s administration section was among other experts who offered their presentations.
- Office´s expert presented at lectures organized by the European Commission in Prague
16. 3. 2018 – Representation of the European Commission in the Czech Republic organized two lectures on GDPR this week. Both were focused on its implementation by businesses and organizations.
- Roundtable on data protection with U.S. students
14. 3. 2018 – The Office for Personal Data Protection hosted on Tuesday a round table discussion with students of IT and Cybersecurity program at Marymount University (Virginia) focusing on data privacy in the Czech Republic and the European Union.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
28. 2. 2018 – Annual report covering the year 2017 has been posted on the Office´s website.
- The Office Co-hosted International Conference on GDPR
2. 2. 2018 - The elegant Liechtenstein Palace on the Vltava river embankment in Prague saw a two-day international conference titled “GDPR and its implementation into the daily practice of public administration”. The event was organized by the Ministry of Interior, the Coordinator for Digital Agenda at the Government Office, and the Office for Personal Data Protection. The Office´s president, Ms Ivana Janů held one of the opening speeches and several other Office´s experts appeared later as speakers.
- Office´s expert presented at international IT conference
21. 1. 2018 – The City of Prague hosted in mid-January an international IT conference itSMF Czech Republic having information security as central topic. The office was represented by Ms Miroslava Matoušová, senior counsel for government affairs.
- Office´s experts at Salvation Army seminar
18. 12. 2017 – Last week, experts from our office lectured at a seminar on data privacy the audience of which was workers of social facilities falling under the wings of the Salvation Army.
- Participation in international conference
15. 12. 2017 – The historic Belgian town of Gent hosted a two-day conference “Freedom under pressure” last week. The event, attended by one expert from our office, focused on the latest developments in the area of privacy and personal data protection in relation to security and interconnection of vast information systems.
- GDPR Academy: Mission Accomplished
6.12.2017 - This year saw a series of lectures organized by the Confederation of Industry under the auspices of the Office for Personal Data Protection and the Ministry of Industry and Commerce. The last gathering was held on 6 December 2017.
- Complaints under EU-US Privacy Shield - forms
4. 9. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection posted online forms to be used for complaints or requests related to processing of personal data by US companies that joined the Privacy Shield.
- Summary of investigations accomplished in the first half of 2017 published
28. 7. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection has published online a summary of investigations that were closed in the first semester of 2017.
- GPDR Academy sets off under the auspices of the Office
16. 6. 2017 - On 16 June 2017, the first block of lectures concerning preparation for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) marked the start of the GDPR Academy which is organized by the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic under professional guarantee by the Office for Personal Data Protection and other experts.
- GDPR Misinterpretations Rectified
25. 5. 2017 - The Office for Personal Data Protection (hereinafter “Czech DPA”) has elaborated “ten commandments” to straighten out the most frequent misinterpretations or misleading statements concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Mobile version of the Office´s web started
11. 4. 2017 - Since April, you may also visit a mobile website of the Office for Personal Data Protection fully optimized for smart phones.
- President of the Office opened GDPR conference
9. 3. 2017 - The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enhances the principles of personal data processing. Be it lawfulness, correctness, transparency, or for example data minimization, limitation of storage period, accountability. Such were the words, by which Ms Ivana Janů, the Office´s president, opened the conference called GDPR 360˚ which was held on 9 March 2017 in Prague.
- 7. 2. 2017
Safer Internet Day
- 7. 2. 2017
President of the Office hosted a roundtable on GDPR
- 27. 1. 2017
Data Protection Day
- 27. 1. 2017
The Office launches the 11th edition of the “My Privacy! Don´t Look, Don´t Poke About!” competition for children and youth.
- 18. 5. 2016
Annual Report Summary 2015
- 4. 5. 2016
Seminar on security cameras
- 28. 1. 2016
The Office launches the 10th edition of the “My Privacy! Don´t Look, Don´t Poke About!” competition for children and youth.
- 10. 9. 2015
Ms Ivana Janů has been appointed as the new President of the Office for a period of five years starting on 1 September 2015.
- 26. 5. 2015
English summary of the Office´s Annual Report 2014 is accessible in electronic version.